Seattle, WA, USA, July 8-9, 2006. To be held during the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO-2006), July 8-12, 2006.
Since Learning Classifier Systems (LCSs) were introduced by Holland as a way of applying evolutionary computation to machine learning problems, the LCS paradigm has broadened greatly into a framework encompassing many representations, rule discovery mechanisms, and credit assignment schemes. Current LCS applications range from data mining to automated innovation to on-line control. Classifier systems are a very active area of research, with newer approaches, in particular Wilson’s accuracy-based XCS, receiving a great deal of attention. LCS are also benefiting from advances in the field of reinforcement learning, and there is a trend toward developing connections between the two areas.
We invite submissions which discuss recent developments in all areas of research on, and applications of, Learning Classifier Systems.
IWLCS is the only event to bring together most of the core researchers in classifier systems. A free introductory tutorial on LCS will be presented at GECCO 2006.
There are two possibilities for paper submissions. Both will be peer reviewed, but reviews of short papers will be mainly to provide feedback to authors – we expect most or all will be accepted.
1) Short papers of up to 4 pages may be submitted. Accepted short papers will be presented at the workshop and published in the GECCO workshop volume. The format of the GECCO workshop volume is to be confirmed but we expect it will be the ACM format used in 2005. After the workshop authors will be invited to submit full papers which are reviewed again for the post-workshop proceedings, which we plan to publish in Springer’s LNAI series as in past years.
2) Full papers of up to 20 pages (in Springer format) may be submitted for peer review before the workshop. Accepted full papers will be presented at the workshop and will be published in the post-workshop proceedings. Authors of full papers have a choice of how to contribute to the GECCO workshop volume: either i) prepare a short version for GECCO or ii) publish only your abstract in the GECCO book. If you prefer i) we would suggest an extended abstract of 1 or 2 pages, but anything up to 50% of the full paper is ok.
Papers should be submitted as PDF files e-mailed to email@example.com.
Please note: all dates are to be confirmed.
- Paper submission deadline: March 24, 2006 (extended)
- Decisions: April 12, 2006 (extended)
- GECCO 2006 Workshop proceedings camerar-ready: April 26, 2006 (extended)
- Workshop: July 8-9, 2006
Camera Ready for GECCO 2006 Workshop Proceedings
The camera-ready papers should be formated following the instructions provided by GECCO. Failing to comply will result in exclusion from the proceedings. The proceedings will only be published on CD-ROM. Camera-ready papers must be submitted using the GECCO-2006 Submission & Review site at https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/gecco2006/.
- Tim Kovacs, University of Bristol (UK)
- Xavier Llorà, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (USA)
- Keiki Takadama, Tokyo Institute of Technology (Japan)
- Pier Luca Lanzi, Politechnico de Milano (Italy)
- Wolfgang Stolzmann, Daimler Chrysler AG (Germany)
- Stewart Wilson, Prediction Dynamics (USA)
- Bacardit, Jaume. University of Nottingham (UK)
- Bagnall, Tony. Univesity of East Anglia (UK)
- Barry, Alwyn. University of Bath (UK)
- BernadÃ³ Mansilla, Ester. Universitat Ramon Llull (Spain)
- Bonarini, Andrea. Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
- Booker, Lashon. The Mitre Corporation (USA)
- Browne, Will. University of Reading (UK)
- Bull, Larry. University of West England (UK)
- Butz, Martin. Universitat Wurzburg (Germany)
- Carse, Brian. University of West England (UK)
- Davis, David. NuTech Solutions (USA)
- Drugowitsch, Jan. University of Bath (UK)
- Egginton, RobUniversity of Bristol (UK)
- Herrera, Francisco. Universidad de Granada (Spain)
- Holmes, John. University of Pennsylvania (USA)
- Homaifar, Abdollah. North Carolina A&T State University (USA)
- Kovacs, Tim. University of Bristol (UK)
- Lanzi, Pier Luca. Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
- LlorÃ , Xavier. University of Illlinois at Urbana-Champaign (USA)
- Marin-Blazquez, Javier. Universidad de Murcia (Spain)
- Miramontes-Hercog, Luis. Instituto TecnolÃ³gico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Mexico)
- Muruzabal, Jorge. Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Spain)
- Schulenburg, Sonia. University of Edinburgh (UK)
- Sigaud, Olivier. Laboratoire d’Informatique de Paris 6 (France)
- Stolzman, Wolfgang. Daimler Chrysler AG (Germany)
- Takadama, Keiki. Tokyo Institute of Technology (Japan)
- Wada, Atsushi. Advanced Telecomunications Research Institute (Japan)
- Wilson, Stewart. Prediction Dynamics (USA)
- Zatuchna, Z. V. Univesity of East Anglia (UK)
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.